The idea of geocaching has been around for a long time. It’s treasure hunting in real life using GPS devices such as smartphones. We can connect with our friends, make new ones and... READ MORE
There’s art all around us if we pay attention. Art isn’t just confined to the space of galleries and museums. The art we stumble upon in public on the pavement, walls, buildings, trashcans,... READ MORE
Date a Surfer
California is home to the finest surfer boys and girls. If you hang out along the coastal cities, it’s likely you will meet them. They are cool, laid-back, and carefree. They are fit and have amazing bodies, easy to hang with, and are very much part of the California culture. The only other place in the United States with a surfer culture that rivals California might be Hawaii. John John Florence! Aloha!
There are many reasons to date a surfer:
1. Super tanned, strong, free-spirited, and naturally beautiful all year round.
2. You hang out by or in the sea with the one you love. Applying sunscreen on each other is a cool way to bond.
3. Money isn’t a main concern. Focus is on chasing the waves. They want time to surf.
5. Low maintenance. Surfer boys and girls do not fuss over themselves. They take no time to get ready.
6. Casual is cool. They are comfortable in their own skin. Bikini top and bottoms all year round or board shorts is the dress code.
7. To surf on the same board with your love is super romantic. Surfers are romantic.
8. Share a mutual respect for nature’s beauty. Pursue the simple life.
Buy Locally Grown
Support the local farmers. Some drive long distances to get their fresh produce to the city. They come from Ventura, Central California, Oxnard, and other cities. They are knowledgeable about the produce they sell. Visit farmers’ markets in your neighborhood and enjoy the fresh fruits and vegetables. Sample their food, fruits, and vegetables. Buy locally grown, nutritious fruits and vegetables. Vendors also sell jams, jellies, fish, and cooked food. Delicious!
There are farmers’ markets open all week long in Los Angeles. Below are the hours for a few that are open during the weekend. Happy Shopping!
8am – 1:30pm
Silverlake Farmers’ Market
8:30am – 12:30pm
Pasadena Farmers’ Market
9:30am – 3:00pm
NOHO Farmers’ Market
Active is the new chic. Beautiful L.A. offers many opportunities for an active lifestyle. Girls wear active wear, leotards, sports bra and yoga pants, all day long, every day. They are body and fitness conscious. There’s always something to work on. Sweat is sexy.
Hiking is one of L.A.’s favorite past time. People hike by themselves, with their friends, dogs, and partners. They do it to clear their mind and strengthen their body. Hiking can happen all year round here.
- Griffith Park
- Runyon Canyon
- Will Rogers State Park
- Topanga State Park
- Eaton Canyon
- Temescal Canyon
- Malibu Creek State Park
- Escondido Canyon
- Sunscreen with SPF > 45 and waterproof
- Wide-brimmed hat or baseball cap
- Layers of clothing
- Good pair of hiking shoes with great traction
- Lookout buddy
- Fully charged cellphone with external battery pack
- Camera or use cellphone to take pictures
- Backpack for longer hikes
American Apparel: Made in Downtown, Los Angeles
Their ads are provocative and sexually suggestive. They usually feature young females in evocative positions. They are on billboards all over the city. They are the symbol of hipster, understated cool. To be urban is to wear a plain tee and a hoodie with shades and skater shoes, some would say. They symbolize a movement of buying American-made products. American Apparel, the brand loved by hipsters of California, prides itself on their clothes and accessories being made in Downntown, Los Angeles under sweatshop-free conditions. The company pays workers more than minimum wage.
Their design is classic and timeless. Their colors bold and neon. The company was founded by CEO, Dov Charney, who’s as controversial as the advertisements. He pushed boundaries in his personal and professional life. He’s been in the news for sexual harassment lawsuits and was fired by American Apparel. His vision prevails.
Interview with Dov Charney
Music Celebrates California Girls
Katy Perry – California Gurls ft. Snoop Dogg