The idea of geocaching has been around for a long time. It’s treasure hunting in real life using GPS devices such as smartphones. We can connect with our friends, make new ones and share with the world our finds. There’s a sense of accomplishment in that.
1. Friends who are down to geocache. The more the merrier.
2. Device with GPS such as an iPhone or android.
3. Create an account on geocaching.com. Free basic membership.
4. Find a geocache in our location.
5. Type in the coordinates into our GPS. Go there and try to find the geocache. They can be hidden anywhere: parks, mountains, behind street signs, in the bushes, etc.
6. Once found, sign the logbook. Put it back where you found it.
7. Document and share photos and stories. It’s fun.
To get started, here’s a list of geocache around Los Angeles. Travel the world and discover its treasures. Happy geocaching!
Leave a Reply